Cheesy Hash Brown Sausage Egg Nests
Updated: May 9
Easter 🐣 Brunch idea! These are so fun to make and will make plenty for your family or for you to eat for breakfast during the week! One of my favorite recipes to make on Easter is an egg casserole and this is a fun little spin on that but a mini-version with frozen hash browns, eggs, cheese and breakfast sausage!
• 1 lb. breakfast sausage
• 20 oz. bag of shredded hash browns
• A dozen organic eggs
• (heaping) 1/2 cup @traderjoes Three Cheese Blend cheese or cheddar cheese
• 5 tbsp. organic unsalted butter, melted
• 5 organic chives
• salt & pepper
• avocado oil spray for muffin cups
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a bowl, mix together hash browns, cheese and butter with your a spoon or your clean hands.
3. Spray muffin cups with avocado oil and divide hash brown mixture among the 12 cups. Press down into bottom and sides of cups (don’t worry it will easier to mold “nests” after they come out of the oven).
4. Bake for 25 minutes.
5. Brown sausage in a skillet over medium high heat for about 10 minutes and then drain the fat.
6. Take has brown out of oven and use a spoon to create your “hash brown nests”.
7. Sprinkle a little sausage in the bottom of each “nest” and crack an egg right on top and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Repeat for all cups.
8. Bake at 400 for 13 minutes or until eggs set.
9. Take out of oven and use scissors to chop fresh chives over the egg cups.
HOT TIP: Squirt @yellowbirdsauce sriracha right on top and serve!
📸don’t forget to tag @thehealthylittlefoodie_ if you make 🥰😘